No more thick and gloopy clam chowder! This one has loads of flavor and can be put together in no time!
- Recipe -
● 4 slices thick bacon, finely chopped
● 1 large onion, finely chopped
● 2 stalk celery, finely chopped
● 1/4 of a green bell pepper, finely chopped
● 1-1/2 lb. red potatoes, cut into small cubes
● 1 clove garlic, minced
● 2 T. flour
● 2 cups clam juice
● 1 t. salt
● 1/2 t. white pepper
● 1 t. fresh thyme
● 2 cups canned chopped clams, drained
● 2 cups 2 % milk
1. In soup pot over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Add onions, potatoes, bell pepper, celery & garlic.
2. Add flour and and cook for 1 minute. Add 2 cups of clam juice and season with salt, white pepper & thyme. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes (turning heat down to low after about 7 minutes), until potatoes are fork-tender.
2. Add clams and milk. Heat gently on medium-low heat for another 20 minutes. Before serving, taste to see if it needs a bit more salt.
Note: If you like your chowder thicker, just let it continue to cook on the low heat until it's just the way you like it!
Download pdf recipe for: Cindy's Clam Chowder