This soup has amazing flavor, color and texture. It's easy to put together and makes a great dinner!
- Recipe -
● 3 scallions, thinly sliced
● 2 c. cooked white rice
● 1 tomato, chopped
● 4 T. olive oil
● 4 T. white wine vinegar
● salt to taste
● 2 T. olive oil
● 2 onions, chopped
● 2 green bell peppers, chopped
● 5 cloves garlic, minced
● 8 cups chicken or vegetable stock
● 3 t. ground cumin
● 3 t. dried oregano
● 1/4 cup white vinegar
● 6 cups canned black beans, rinsed
● 1 t. salt
1. Prepare marinated rice: Combine all ingredients. Set aside.
2. Heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, peppers and garlic; cook until limp. Add cumin, oregano, vinegar, stock and beans. Bring to boil on high heat. Cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. Add salt to taste.
3. Serve in bowls, adding a generous spoonful of rice to each bowl.
Note: To cook white rice, place 2 cups water and 1 cup rice in a covered microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Then Microwave on 50% power for 15 minutes.
Download pdf recipe for: Cuban Black Bean Soup