Once you've had these artichokes, you'll find it hard to go back to plain steamed ones...sorry!
- Recipe -
● 3-4 artichokes, washed, trimmed and cut in half, chokes removed
● olive oil
● salt & pepper
● 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
● 2 T. lemon juice
● 2 cloves garlic, minced
1. In large pot, place 2” of water in the bottom, along with a steamer basket. Place on high heat and add artichokes.
2. Place lid on top for 5 minutes. Then reduce heat to medium and cook 20-25 minutes, until stems of artichokes are tender.
3. Remove artichokes from pot and place on tray. Brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
4. Light BBQ and spread coals in single layer, to cook indirectly. Place artichokes on grill for 2-3 minutes, each side.
5. Serve with garlic mayonnaise.
1. Mix ingredients together in bowl. Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Download pdf recipe for: Grilled Artichokes with Garlic Mayonnaise