This is a quick and super flavorful salad! It uses fresh veggies and if you want, some of that delicious Fresh Pesto we made (and froze!) from The Farmers' Market Gourmet.
- Recipe -
● 12 oz. pasta, cooked
● 1/2 cucumber, diced
● 1 red bell pepper, diced
● 4 oz. sliced black olives, drained
● 1 cup cherry tomatoes
● 1/2 cup pesto (See Farmers' Market Gourmet #29 for recipe)
● 1-2 T. olive oil
● salt & pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain in colander and run under cold water until pasta is completely cool.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the cooled pasta, bell pepper, cucumber and olive. If using frozen pesto, defrost in microwave in 30 second bursts. (Don't let the pesto get hot...just defrosted!) Mix the pesto into the other ingredients, then add the olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss together well.
3. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: This salad is also delicious with some cooked chicken added to the salad.
Download pdf recipe for: Pesto Pasta Salad