This is a moist and super flavorful Spanish rice that not only is loaded with fresh veggies, it bakes in the oven!
- Recipe -
● 1 onion, chopped
● 2 T. olive oil
● 1 T. butter
● 1 cup long grain rice
● 3 cups chicken stock
● 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
● 1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
● 1 red bell peppper, chopped
● 1 greeen bell pepper, chopped
● 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
● 1 cup non fat sour cream
● salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 ̊F.
1. In large saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil and butter. When butter is melted, saute onions until soft, about 4 minutes.
2. Stir in rice and cook for 2 minutes, then add jalapenos and stock. Turn heat up to medium-high and bring to boil. Transfer into a oven-proof casserole dish. Cover and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir in tomatoes, bell peppers, sour cream and cheese. Taste for salt & pepper.
3. Turn oven up to 400 ̊F and bake uncovered, for 20 minutes. Let rice sit for 10 minutes, then serve.
Download pdf recipe for: Baked Spanish Rice