Perfect for any dinner, this salad has amazing flavor because of the Mandarin oranges and the toasted almonds.
- Recipe -
● 1/2 cup slivered almonds
● canned Mandarin oranges, drained
● salad greens
● vinaigrette salad dressing
1. In a dry saute pan over medium heat, toast the almonds. Keep stirring them and as they start to toast, turning off the heat as they get close to being done.
2. When you're ready to make your salad, place the salad greens, oranges and almonds in a salad bowl. Add some of the salad dressing. Toss and taste. Keep this salad lightly dressed!
Note: If you'd like to use the "Good Seasons" salad dressing recipe I used on the show, follow these directions:
1. In a 1 cup measuring cup, measuring 1/4 cup of canola oil.
2 Then fill to the 2/3 mark with red wine vinegar.
3. Then fill to the 3/4 mark with water. 4. Place oil & vinegar mixture in a jar or sealable container, along with the packet of dressing mix. Shake well.
Download pdf recipe for: Orange Almond Salad