This delicious salad is much like an Asian Cole Slaw. It's great with grilled chicken or fish.
- Recipe -
● 1 head cabbage, sliced into thin strips
● 2 pkg. chicken ﬂavored Top Ramen Noodles
● diced chicken, cooked
● 1/4 c. slivered almonds, toasted
● 6 T. sesame seeds, toasted
● 6 scallions, sliced
● 2 handfuls grated carrot
● 4 T. sugar
● 1/2 cup canola oil
● 3/4 c. rice vinegar
● ﬂavor packets from Ramen
1. Poach chicken by placing meat into a casserole dish with some water, salt & pepper. Place lid on and microwave 6-10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
2. While chicken is poaching, toast almonds by heating up a small pan on med-high heat. Add the almonds to the dry pan and begin tossing them around. After about 3 minutes, add the sesame seeds. Once both the nuts and seeds are nicely browned (about 1 more minute) take pan off the heat.
3. Place cabbage in large bowl. Add sliced scallions and broken up Ramen noodles. (Save ﬂavor packets for dressing.) Then add toasted almonds, sesame seeds & carrots. Toss well. Dice up the cooled chicken and mix into bowl with cabbage.
Mix together canola oil, rice wine vinegar, sugar and ﬂavor packets from Ramen noodles. When wellcombined, pour dressing onto salad and begin mixing together. Refrigerate.
This salad should be made at least a few hours before serving. That way the dressing ﬂavors the cabbageand the chicken. The noodles also begin to soften. Great served with grilled chicken or ﬁsh.