What a great variation on steamed carrots! The alcohol burns off, so everyone in the family can enjoy them.
- Recipe -
● 2 T. butter
● 1/3 cup sugar
● 3/4 cup dry vermouth
● 1 small onion, finely diced
● 3 stalks celery, with leaves, finely diced
● 2 lb. carrots, peeled & sliced 1/4" thick
1. Place all ingredients in a saucepan. Stir to mix the vegetables and coat everything with the sugar & vermouth.
2. Place over high heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, put the lid on and cook for about 20 minutes. Test one of the carrots with a knife; they're done when just barely tender.
Download pdf recipe for: Carrots in Vermouth