This salad is an updated version of the classic recipe. It still has all the great flavor, but a lot less fat.
- Recipe -
● 6 ounces baby spinach
● 4 T. cider vinegar
● 1/2 t. sugar
● 1/4 t. pepper
● pinch salt
● 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into pieces
● 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
● 1 clove garlic , minced
● 3 large eggs, hard cooked & chopped
1. Place spinach in large bowl. In a small measuring cup, mix together the vinegar, sugar, pepper, and salt. Set aside.
2. In medium saute pan, cook bacon over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes, until crisp. Use a slotted spoon to remove bacon from pan and onto some paper towel to drain. Pour the rendered bacon fat in the pan into a foil-lined bowl or can. (This can be thrown away later.)
3. Return the pan to the stove and turn heat down to medium. Add 1 T. olive oil and cook the onion & garlic for about 1 minute. Switch to a wooden spoon. Slide the pan off the heat and add the vinegar mixture. By stirring in small circles, dissolve the browned bits in into the vinegar.
4. Pour the hot dressing over spinach leaves and toss with tongs. Then add the chopped egg & bacon. Toss well, then serve.
Download pdf recipe for: Spinach Salad