Gremolata is a delicious herb condiment made from parsley, lemon & garlic. When you add it to regular mashed potatoes, you get spectacular mashed potatoes!
- Recipe -
● 4 russet potatoes, peeled & cut into medium pieces
● 2 T. butter
● 1/2 cup sour cream (regular or non-fat)
● Salt and pepper
● 1 clove garlic, minced
● 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
● 1 lemon, zested
● 1/4 cup minced ﬂat-leaf parsley
● 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
1. Put potatoes in pot of cold water. Place on high heat with lid on top. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove lid, turn heat down to medium and cook for 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
2. While potatoes are cooking, mix garlic and kosher salt in small bowl. Stir in the lemon zest, parsley and olive oil. Set aside.
3. When potatoes are done, drain in a strainer and put back into cooking pot, over the warm burner. Stir the potatoes with a large spoon until they seem quite dry. Mash with a potato masher to break up large bits of potato, then add butter, sour cream & gremolata. Season with salt and pepper to taste.Gremolata Mashed Potatoes