These delicate and light muffins have lovely sugar & spice topping!
- Recipe -
● 3 cups flour
● 1 cup sugar
● 2-1/2 t. baking powder
● 1 t. freshly ground nutmeg
● 1/2 t. salt
● 2 eggs
● 1-1/4 cups milk
● 1/3 cup butter, melted
● 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
● 1/4 cup sugar
● 2-1/2 T. butter, melted (the rest of the stick!)
Preheat oven to 350°. Line muffin pan with liners.
1. Whisk together flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl.
2. Make a well in center of the dry ingredients. Add the melted butter and slightly mix. Make well again and add milk. Mix slightly. Make well again and add eggs. Mix until everything is combined. (Batter will be lumpy.)
3. Divide batter into 12 muffin wells. Bake for 20 minutes and test with a toothpick for doneness.
4. While muffins are baking, combine 1/2 t. cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar in small dish. Melt the rest of the stick of butter in second small dish.
5. When the muffins are done, let them sit in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and dip tops of hot muffins into melted butter, then into cinnamon sugar mixture.
Download pdf recipe for: Sugar and Spice Muffins