This not-too-sweet muffin is perfect with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk!
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream (regular or non-fat)
- 3/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 400˚F. Line 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners. Spritz lightly with baking spray. Set aside.
1. In small saucepan, bring the water to a boil, then turn down the heat to medium and add 1 cup chocolate chips and butter. Stir until melted, then remove from the stove to cool.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
3. Stir in the egg, milk, oil and sour cream. Add chocolate mixture and stir until just combined.
4. If you're adding the walnuts, stir them in.
5. Divide the batter into the muffin wells. (Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.) Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the muffins comes out clean.
6. Let muffins cool in pan for 10 minutes, them remove to rack to continue cooling.
Download pdf recipe for: