These Apricot Muffins not only have amazing flavor, but Cindy makes it possible for you to bake them gluten free, if you'd like!
Gluten Free Muffin Mix:
1 cup sweet rice flour
3/4 cup potato starch
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1 cup chopped dried apricots
1 cup boiling water
2 cups Gluten-Free Muffin Mix or all-purpose flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup butter, cut into cubes
1 cup sugar
1 cup non-fat sour cream
1 T. orange zest (about 1 orange)
Preheat oven to 400 ̊F. Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners and spray the top with baking spray or spray mini-muffin pan generously. Set aside.
1. If using Gluten Free mix, whisk the rice flour, potato starch and tapioca flour together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Put the chopped apricots in the boiling water to soak. Set aside.
3. In a medium-size bowl (or the bowl with the Gluten Free mix), whisk together the gluten free mix (or all-purpose flour), baking soda, salt and chopped pecans. Set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar, for 2 minutes. Add the sour cream and orange zest. Mix for another 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
5. With the mixer off, add the flour mixture. Mix for 30 seconds. Drain the water off the apricots and add the fruit to the mixing bowl. Mix for another 30 seconds. Do a final stir with a spatula.
6. Divide the batter evenly into the muffin wells. (For the mini-muffins, use a medium cookie scoop to fill with.) Bake regular size muffins for about 18 minutes and the mini muffins for about 12 minutes. Make sure to test for doneness with a toothpick. Leave muffins in the pan for 5 minutes, then use a fork to lift muffins out of the pan, or for mini-muffins, turn the pan upside down on a cooling rack to cool the rest of the way.
Download pdf recipe for: Apricot Gluten Free (or not!) Muffins