Having a layer of pecan streusel in the middle AND on top, makes this muffin a welcome site at breakfast!
- Recipe -
● 1 cup pecans, chopped
● 4 T. butter, melted
● 1/4 cup sugar
● 1/3 cup brown sugar
● 1 t. cinnamon
● 2 cups flour
● 1 T. baking powder
● 1/2 t. salt
● 2/3 cup sugar
● 1 egg
● 1 cup sour cream
● 1/3 cup butter, melted
Line muffin pan with 12 muffin cups.
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
1. Mix streusel ingredients together and set aside.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
3. Add egg, sour cream and melted butter. Using a spatula, stir until just moistened.
4. Scoop batter into muffin tins, but just 1/2 full. Sprinkle 1/2 of the streusel on top. Then fill the muffin cups with the rest of the batter and top with the rest of the streusel.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let muffins sit in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack.
Download pdf recipe for: Streusel Pecan Muffins