When peaches are in season, keep a couple aside to get really ripe...then make a batch of these delicious muffins!
- Recipe -
● 2 cups flour
● 1 T. baking powder
● 1/2 t. salt
● 1/2 cup sugar
● 2 cups fresh peaches, chopped (about 2 medium peaches)
● 1 egg
● 1/3 cup melted butter
● 1 cup milk
● Zest of 1 orange
● 1/2 t. vanilla
Preheat oven to 400 F. Line 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners, then spritz the top with baking spray.
1. In large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together with a rubber spatula. Add the chopped peaches and toss until they are coated with the flour.
2. Add the egg, butter, milk, orange zest and vanilla. Mix gently until the flour is all mixed in.
3. Divide the batter into the muffin wells. Place the muffin pan on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes. Test with a toothpick for doneness. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then using a fork, remove them to cool on a rack.
4. When ready to serve, dust the tops with powdered sugar.
Download pdf recipe for: Fresh Peach Muffins