Not too sweet, but loaded with walnuts and a few chocolate chips, these muffins are great for a late morning, afternoon, or bedtime snack. Truthfully, they're good anytime of day!
- Recipe -
● 1-1/2 cups flour
● 1/2 cup sugar
● 1/4 cup brown sugar
● 2 t. baking powder
● 1/2 t. salt
● 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
● 1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk or 60%)
● 1/2 cup milk
● 1/4 cup canola oil
● 1 egg
Preheat oven to 400 ̊F. Line 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
1. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, nuts and chocolate chips.
2. In a measuring cup, mix together the milk, oil and egg.
3. Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and with a spatula, mix until all the dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Divide the batter equally into the 12 muffin wells. Bake for 18 minutes. Test with a toothpick for doneness. Let the muffins sit in the pan for 5 minutes, then use a fork to remove them to a cooling rack.
Download pdf recipe for: Chocolate Chip Muffins