A big blueberry muffin with the zest of fresh lemon....perfect for breakfast!
- Recipe -
● 2 cups flour
● 1 T. baking powder
● 1/2 t. salt
● 1/2 cup sugar
● 1 egg
● 1 cup milk
● 1/3 cup butter, melted
● Zest of 2 lemons
● 1 t. lemon extract (or the zest of 1 more lemon)
● 2 cups (12 oz) blueberries
Preheat oven to 400 ̊F. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
1. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar with a spatula
2. Make a well in the dry ingredients and stir in the egg, milk & melted butter. Then add the lemon zest, lemon extract. Carefully stir in the blueberries.
3. Fill the 12 muffin wells and bake for 18 minutes. Test with a toothpick for doneness. Let the muffins sit in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove muffins to cool on rack. (If any of the blueberry gets stuck to the sides of the muffin wells, run a small knife around the edge to help loosen.)
Download pdf recipe for: Lemon Blueberry Muffins