Take all the best flavors of a Linzer Torte (raspberry, almond, lemon) and put them into a muffin that's perfect for breakfast....or tea....or a snack!
- Recipe -
● 3/4 cup ground almonds
● 2 cups flour
● 1 T. baking powder
● 1/2 t. salt
● 1/2 t. cinnamon
● 2/3 cup sugar
● 1 cup milk
● 1 egg
● Zest of 1 lemon
● 1/3 cup butter, melted
● 3/4 cup raspberry jam
Preheat oven to 400 ̊F. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
1. Grind almonds until fine. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
3. Stir together milk, egg, and lemon zest. Add to flour mixture and toss lightly. Then add melted butter. Mix well with spatula.
4. Fill muffins wells 1/2 full with batter. Top with 1 T. jam and then 1 T. almonds. Fill with the rest of the batter. Place muffin pan on a rimmed baking sheet.
5. Bake for 18 minutes. Test for doneness with a toothpick. Let muffins sit in pan for 5 minutes.
6. Use small paring knife to help release the muffins, should any of the jam bubbled onto the edge of the muffin wells. Then use a fork to pop out the muffins. Sit them on a cooling rack to cool 15 minutes or so, before serving.
Download pdf recipe for: Linzer Muffins