Here's an old fashioned treat! This coffeecake muffin has a bit of sweetness and a layer of chopped nuts and cinnamon in the center. You just may want to invite a neighbor over for coffee!
- Recipe -
● 1/4 cup brown sugar
● 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
● 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
● 1/2 cup butter, cut into cubes
● 1/2 cup sugar
● 2 eggs
● 1 cup sour cream
● 1 t. vanilla
● 2 cups flour
● 1 t. baking powder
● 1 t. baking soda
● 1/4 t. salt
Preheat oven to 375 ̊F. Line muffin pan with liners
1. In small bowl, mix the brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon for the filling. Set aside.
2. In mixing bowl, mix together the butter, sugar and eggs. Add the sour cream and vanilla and mix until well combined.
3. In medium-size bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Stop the mixer and add all these dry ingredients. Put mixer on slow speed and mix until just combined.
4. Spoon about 1 T. of batter into the prepared muffin wells. Top with about 1 t. of filling. Then top with the rest of the batter and sprinkle the rest of the filling on top. Bake for about 20 minutes, checking with a toothpick for doneness. Let the muffins sit in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer them over to a cooling rack. Let them cool for 30 minutes before serving.
Download pdf recipe for: Sour Cream Coffeecake Muffins