These delicious banana muffins not only have homemade granola inside, but also on top!
- Recipe -
● 1-1/2 c. flour
● 1 c. sugar
● 1 t. baking powder
● 1/2 t. baking soda
● 1/4 t. salt
● 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
● 1 egg
● 1/4 c. + 2 T. milk
● 1 t. vanilla
● 2 bananas, mashed
● 1/2 c. small dice walnuts
● 2 handfuls granola
● 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
● 1/2 cup sliced almonds
● 3 T. oil
● 2 T. honey
● 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
● 1/4 cup dried cherries
● 1/4 cup dried cranberries
● 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Toss the oats and almonds together in a large bowl. Add the oil and honey. Mix well, until all the oats and nuts are coated.
2. Pour onto a baking pan. Bake 5 minutes, then stir. Bake another 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
3. In bowl, mix together the apricots, cherries, cranberries and cashews. Add the granola and mix well. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line 12 muffin cups with liners.
1. In medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Pour in the melted butter and mix carefully. Then add the egg, vanilla and bananas. Mix. Add walnuts and granola and mix well.
2. Scoop batter into muffin cups. Fill to about 3/4 full. Top each muffin with some granola.
3. Bake for 25 minutes. Let muffins cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove and place on cooling rack.
Download pdf recipe for: Banana Granola Muffins