A super-easy and quick pasta dish that uses all those wonderful tomatoes!
● 4 large tomatoes (or a combination of tomatoes)
● 2 cloves garlic, minced
● olive oil
● shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese
● 2 handfuls basil leaves, sliced
● salt & pepper
● 1/2 lb. pasta, cooked
1. Fill a 13"x9" pan with tomato halves.
2. Top each tomato with a bit of minced garlic. Drizzle the tops of the tomatoes with some olive oil.
3. Place some Parmesan cheese on top of each tomato. Begin pre-heating the broiler.
4. Begin cooking the pasta, as directed on package.
5. Place the tomatoes under the broiler and cook until the Parmesan cheese is golden brown. Remove from heat and with a fork & sharp knife, begin cutting the tomatoes into chunks.
6. Add the basil and 1-2 handfuls of fresh Parmesan cheese. Put drained, hot pasta over top. Season with salt and pepper and toss well with tongs.
Download pdf recipe for: Broiled Tomato Basil Pasta