You can take any veggies you find and make this delicious pasta dish!
- Recipe -
● veggies (mushrooms, green beans, onions, spinach, sweet peppers,
asparagus, beans, chard, bok choy, broccoli rabe, grated carrots, squash, etc...)
● 2 T. olive oil
● 2 T. butter
● 2 garlic cloves
● 2 diced tomatoes
● 1/4 tsp red pepper ﬂakes
● 1/2 cup white wine
● 1/2 cup heavy cream
● 1/2 pound pasta
● 12 basil leaves
● 1-1/2 T. lemon juice
● parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta in large pot of boiling, salted water. If using asparagus, green beans, broccoli, the base of bok choy or chard, cut in 2-3 inch pieces. Add to boiling water for last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain.
2. Heat butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic & red pepper ﬂakes (also onions, if using). Saute 4-5 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms and sauté until browned, 8 minutes. Add the rest of the raw vegetables (except anything leafy) and continue sauteing for another 5 minutes or so.
4. Then add the wine and leafy vegetables. Continue sauteing for 2-3 minutes.
5. Then add the tomatoes and the cream and reduce the heat to medium, simmering for about 4 minutes. Turn to low heat, and cover to keep warm.
6. Drain pasta and add to the sauteed vegetables. Add the basil, and lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss well. Serve with Parmesan cheese.