Turn any kind of seasonal fruit into this wonderful dessert!
- Recipe -
● 1/2 c. sugar
● 1 cup butter
● 2 t. vanilla
● 1 t. lemon zest (optional)
● pinch of salt
● 1 egg
● 2- 1/4 cups all-purpose ﬂour
● 4 cups fruit
● 1/2 cup sugar
● 1/4 T. ﬂour
● 1 egg, beaten
● splash of milk
To make Crust:
1. Cream sugar & butter. Add vanilla, zest (if using), salt & egg.
2. Mix in ﬂour until just combined.
3. Turn dough out onto plastic. Sprinkle on a bit of ﬂour and form into a disc. Wrap up the disc in the plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour. (You can also freeze the dough at this point. Just place the wrapped disc into a resealable freezer bag.)
To make Filling:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
1. In a bowl, combine sugar, ﬂour, and zest. Add fruit and toss until coated.
2. Remove dough from the refrigerator and let it warm-up on the counter for 5-10 minutes. Then roll out until 1/4-inch thick and roughly 10 inches round. Place on parchment lined rimmed baking sheet. (IMPORTANT: Fresh fruits can be really juicy and you don't want them to bubble over into your oven!)
3. Mound fruit in center of dough, leaving 2 inches uncovered around the edge. Gently fold the dough up to meet the fruit.
4. Mix egg and milk. Brush dough with mixture. Sprinkle outside crust with some sugar. Bake approximately 30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Let cool and dust with powdered sugar or serve with vanilla ice cream.