Just pure orange goodness, with a dash of vanilla! Cindy has gotten rid of the traditional bitterness found in most marmalades, so look out strawberry jam! You may have some competition for that morning piece of toast!
- 1 medium organic orange
- 2 T. water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half lengthwise and the seeds scraped out (or 1 t. vanilla)
1. If orange has large knoby end, cut that off, as well as the stem end.
2. Cut orange into 8 pieces. Pull out the fruit and place in food processor. Take a melon baller or spoon and scrape off as much white pith as you can from the peel. Place peel in food processor with fruit and pulse until pieces are very small and the mixture looks like pulp.
3. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, stir the orange pulp, water, sugar and vanilla bean seeds together. Bring to boil.
4. Continue boiling for 12 minutes, stirring constantly. ((You can turn the heat down to medium if the mixture begins boiling much too furiously!)
5. Remove from heat and let the marmalade cool in the pan. Once cooled, transfer to sealed container and refrigerate.
Note: This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to make larger batches of marmalade.
Download pdf recipe for: Vanilla Orange Marmalade