Fresh blueberries and lemon whipped cream make these tarts something special!
For the Crust:
● 1-1/4 cups flour
● 1/3 cup sugar
● 1/4 t. salt
● 1 lemon, zested
● 8 T. butter, cut into small pieces
For the Filling:
● 5 cups fresh blueberries
● 1/4 cup water
● 3 T. cornstarch
● 3T. water
● 2/3 cup sugar
● 3 T fresh lemon juice
● 2 t. lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
● Pinch of salt
● 1 cup heavy cream
● 1 T. lemon zest
● 3 T. sugar
● 2 t. lemon juice
Preheat oven to 375 ̊F. Choose your tart pan(s).
1. In a food processor, pulse together the flour, sugar, salt, and lemon zest. Then add butter. Let machine run until large clumps of dough form.
2. Lightly flour your hands and press the pastry into your tart pan(s), pressing evenly into the bottom and up the sides. Place your prepared tart pans on a rimmed baking sheet.
3. Place in freezer for 15 minutes. Then prick the bottom of dough, all over, with a fork.
4. Bake until golden, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove tart shells from baking sheet and let cool on rack.
5. In a medium saucepan, bring 1/4 cup water and 1-1/2 cups blueberries to a boil over high heat.
6. In a small dish, mix the cornstarch with 3 T. of water and stir into the boiling blueberry mixture. Add the sugar, lemon juice and zest. Continue stirring and cooking for another minute.
7. Remove from the heat. Stir in a pinch of salt and the remaining 3-1/2 cups fresh blueberries. Immediately spoon the hot berry mixture into tart shell(s). Let the tarts cool on the counter for about 30 minutes, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until totally cold.
8. When ready to serve, make lemon cream by whipping heavy cream, zest, sugar and lemon juice together in mixer until thick and fluffy. (Note: If you're making the cream in advance, spoon into a strainer that is sitting in a small bowl. Cover with plastic and refrigerate.)
9. To serve, use the tip of a paring knife to release a few of the edges of the tart shell. Turn the shell over in your hand, place a plate on top, then turn right-side up. Add a large dollop of lemon cream on top!
Download pdf recipe for: Blueberry Tart with Lemon Cream