When the spring peas are in season, this is a great recipe to make. This salad has amazing flavor and holds up well in the refrigerator, so you can enjoy it for at least a couple of days!
- Recipe -
● 5-6 cups fresh peas, shelled (you can also use frozen peas)
● 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
● 8 oz. can water chestnuts, chopped
● 5 slices thick cut bacon, finely chopped, cooked until crisp and well drained
● 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
● 1/3 cup non-fat sour cream
● 1 t. white pepper
● 1 t. salt
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.
2. Add the peas to the boiling water and blanch for 20 seconds. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
3. In a large bowl add the peas, onion, water chestnuts and cooked bacon. Stir to mix ingredients together.
4. Then add the mayo, sour cream, pepper and salt. Mix until all the peas are coated with the dressing. Serve immediately, or place in the refrigerator to store.
Download pdf recipe for: Spring Pea Salad