What a great use of potatoes...and the little bit of tart green apple that's added gives these potato pancakes a fantastic flavor!
- Recipe -
● 3 Russett potatoes (about 1-1/2 lb. total), peeled and grated
● 1/2 green apple, peeled & grated
● 1/2 t. minced onion
● 2 eggs, lightly beaten
● 2/3 cup flour
● 3/4 t. salt
● canola oil
1. Place grated potatoes in strainer and rinse under cold water until water is clear. Squeeze out as much water as you can, then use some paper towel to dry a bit more.
2. Place potatoes in large bowl and mix in apple, onion, flour, salt & pepper.
3. Heat large non-stick skillet or griddle on medium hight heat and add 1T. oil. Once oil is hot, spoon potato mixture into pan, making patties. When potatoes are browned (after about 2 minutes) , turn over and brown the other side.
4. Remove pancakes from pan, set on paper towel to drain and place in oven to keep warm. Continue cooking more potato pancakes!
Download pdf recipe for: Potato Pancakes