Couscous is really quick & easy to make and you can use what ever is in season. It can be served hot, room temperature or even cold. So make it for dinner, a quick lunch or even a picnic!
- Recipe -
● 2-1/4 cups chicken stock
● 1/2 tsp. salt
● 2 tsp. butter
● 1- 1/2 cups couscous
● 2-3 diced spring onions
● 1 tomato or red bell pepper, chopped
● 1-2 zucchini or yellow crookneck squash, chopped
● 2-3 T. chopped herbs (basil, thyme chive, cilantro)
● 2/3 cup cheese (Parmesan, feta, etc...)
1. Combine chicken stock, salt and butter in a saucepan, over medium - high heat andbring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat, put on lid and let couscous sit.
2. Chop vegetables and herbs. Then add to the pot, along with cheese. Place lid on topand let sit until ready to serve. Uncover, ﬂuff with a fork, and serve hot. room temp orcold.
- drained capers, chopped tomato, basil and Parmesan cheese
- chopped tomato, cilantro, spring onion, chopped pickled jalapenos, Ranchero cheese