Filled with cinnamon, brown sugar, nuts and lemon, these baked apples turn a simple apple into a fabulous dessert!
- Recipe -
● 4 apples
● 2 T. butter, melted
● 1 T. sugar
● 2 t. cinnamon
● 1/4 cup brown sugar
● 2 t. ﬂour
● 1/4 cup walnuts, ﬁnely chopped
● 4 pieces of lemon zest
● 1/3 cup apple juice
Preheat oven to 375˚F.
1. Cut 1" off the top of each apple. (Save the tops!) Core the apples and place in baking dish.
2. Brush the tops of the apples with melted butter. Mix 1 T. sugar and 1 t. cinnamon in a small bowl. Dip the apple tops in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place back into baking dish.
3. In small bowl, mix brown sugar, ﬂour, 1 t. cinnamon, walnuts & the rest of the melted butter.
4. Place one lemon zest in the center of each apple, then ﬁll with the brown sugar- walnut mixture. Pack in as much ﬁlling as your can!
5. Place the tops back on the apples. Pour apple juice in bottom of baking dish and bake for 30 minutes, just until apples are tender.
Download pdf recipe for: Baked Apples