Delicious and easy to make, this elegant stew will become a family favorite!
- Recipe -
Red WIne and Mushroom Stew
● 1-1/2 to 2 lbs. stew meat
● 1 c. soy sauce
● 1 c. dry red wine
● 1 c. beef broth
● 2 c. catsup
● 4 T. Worcestershire sauce
● 4 cloves garlic, minced
● 1/2 t. pepper
● 1 lb.(2 pkg) sliced mushrooms
● slurry of cornstarch & water
1. Brown meat in a bit of olive oil on medium high heat.
2. While meat is browning, make sauce with soy, wine, broth, catsup, Worcestershire sauce, garlic & pepper. Add sauce to browned meat, along with mushrooms.
3. Bring to boil, then lower heat to low. With lid on, cook meat for 45 minutes -1 hour. Stir occasionally.
4. Make slurry and add to thicken.
Serve with hot buttered egg noodles and peas.