This dinner isn't just for St. Patrick's Day! Enjoy a delicious Glazed Corned Beef with Veggies and for dessert, an easy Grasshopper Pie.
Glazed Corned Beef
- corned beef brisket, with spice packet
- red potatoes, halved or quartered
- mini carrots
- green cabbage, cut into wedges
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2T to ¼ cup mustard
1. Place corned beef in large pot with spices and enough water to cover. Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer, covered for 2 hours, or until tender.
2. Combine the glaze ingredients. Transfer the corned beef to a foil covered roasting pan and coat with the glaze. Bake uncovered in 300 degree oven for 45 minutes.
3. While corned beef is in the oven, pour out the cooking water from the corned beef and put 4-5 inches of fresh water in the pot. Add a steamer basket. Place the red potatoes in the pot, cover and steam for 15 minutes. Then add the carrots. Steam for 10 minutes. Then add the cabbage and steam for 5-10 minutes, until tender.
Place sliced corned beef and steamed veggies on a large platter.
Optional: Drizzle cabbage with some vinaigrette and serve potatoes with some butter and sour cream
- pre-made chocolate cookie crust
- hot fudge topping
- gallon mint chip ice cream (make sure itʼs green in color!)
- piece of chocolate to grate
- 1 can Reddi-Whip (or some brand of squirty whipped cream)
1. Heat fudge topping in microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute, just until it is spreadable. Using a spoon, spread the fudge topping all over the bottom and sides of the cookie crust.
2. Spoon softened ice cream into crust. Using a knife (that is warmed in a glass of hot water) sculpt the ice cream until it is smooth.
3. Use a vegetable peeler and quickly grate some chocolate all over the top of the pie. Place in freezer, uncovered.
4. When youʼre ready to serve, make small circles of whipped cream all around the edges of the pie.