Brunch is a fun way to entertain and this make-ahead french toast is easy and delicious!
- Recipe -
Blueberry French Toast Bake
● 10 slices bread
● 6 oz. cream cheese
● 1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
● 6 eggs, beaten
● 1 c. vanilla yogurt
● 1/2 c. milk
● 1/3 c. sugar
● 1/2 t. cinnamon
● 1/4 t. nutmeg
1. Prepare a large casserole dish by spraying it with cooking spray. Cut 5 slices of the bread into small cubes. Place in dish. Cut cream cheese into small cubes and sprinkle on top of bread.
2. Sprinkle blueberries evenly over the top of the blueberries. Slice remaining 5 slices of bread and place on top of the blueberries.
3. Combine eggs, yogurt, milk, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl or large measuring cup and whisk until smooth.
4. Pour egg mixture over bread, pushing gently with the back of a spoon so all the pieces are coated. Cover and refrigerate several hours or over night.
5. Remove from refrigerator 15 minutes before baking. Cover with foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake 15-20 minutes more until golden brown.
(While the French Toast is browning, you can be cooking up some sausage.)
Serve the Blueberry French Toast with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and warmed maple syrup.
Makes 6-8 servings.