Cindy is cooking these succulent scallops in the wood oven, but you could also do it on the stove. Either way, they are delicious with this garlic-lemon compound butter.
- 1 lb. scallops (if frozen, defrost in refrigerator)
- salt & pepper
- 4 T. butter, slightly softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- zest of 1 lemon
- pinch red pepper flakes
- olive oil (for pan)
Heat wood oven to 650˚F.
1. Pat scallops dry with paper towel and season both sides with salt and pepper.
2. In small bowl, mix the butter, garlic, lemon zest and re pepper flakes. Set aside.
3. Heat pan in wood oven for 5 minutes. (If cooking on stove top, place heat on medium-high. Let pan sit on stove for 2 minutes.)
4. Drizzle 1/2 T. olive oil in pan and heat another 30 seconds in oven (or on top of stove.) Place scallops pan and cook for 2 minutes. Use tongs to turn scallops over and cook 2 more minutes. (If using wood oven, lift pan up into oven for 5 seconds to brown just a bit more.)
5. Remove pan from heat and add compound butter mixture to scallops. Stir to coat scallops with butter. Serve.
Download pdf recipe for: Seared Scallops
Click to visit Al Fresco Imports and check out their fabulous BeeHive Oven!