Much like a fondue, this Queso has fantastic flavor and is great as a dip or a main course. Excellent for parties!
- 1 onion, chopped medium-fine
- 2 T. butter
- 1 T. olive oil
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 lb. sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 oz. can diced green chiles
- Tortilla Chips, Soft Tortillas or vegetables
1. In a medium saute pan over medium high heat, melt the butter and olive oil. Add the onions and saute for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, turn the heat down to medium and simmer for 5 minutes, until the mixture is thick.
2. Turn the heat down to low and stir in the cheese, on handful at a time, until it is melted. Add the chiles.
3. Place in a fondue pot to keep warm. Serve with tortilla chips, warm soft tortillas or vegetables.
Download pdf recipe for: Chile Con Queso