Share this episode!Tweet
Instead of making individual omelettes for your next breakfast or brunch, try making this rolled omelette. It only takes about 12 minutes to bake in the oven, so you can sit down and enjoy your morning coffee with your friends and family!
● Olive oil, for oiling pan
● 1 cup milk
● 1/3 cup flour
● 8 eggs
● 1 t. salt
● pepper, to taste
● 1/4 cup chives, chopped
● 4 slices ham, chopped into small pieces
● 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Brush the bottom and sides of a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil. Line the bottom the of pan with a piece of parchment, making sure to leave a bit hanging over the shorter edges . Brush parchment with additional olive oil. Set aside.
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk and flour. Then add the eggs, salt, pepper and chives. Pour mixture into the pan. Sprinkle the chopped ham all over the top.
2. Bake until the eggs are set, about 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, sprinkle the top with the cheese, then place back in the oven for 2 more minutes.
3. Place the pan on the counter, with on of the short sides nearest you. Use a dinner knife and run the blade along just the long sides of the pan, to ensure that the eggs will release. Start rolling up the omelette by lifting the parchment on the end closest to you and with your knife, gently loosen the eggs and flop them over, as to begin the roll. Continue lifting the parchment and rolling the eggs with the help of your dinner knife. When you get to the end, leave the omelette in the pan, with the seam side down. Get a long serving dish and with one large spatula or 2 small spatulas, lift the omelette onto the platter. Keep in the oven on low heat, until you are ready to slice and serve.
Download pdf recipe for: Rolled Ham and Cheese Omelette