- 2 oz. Brie cheese, rind cut off
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. water
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 T. olive oil (for drizzling)
1. In a medium-size bowl, mix together the Brie, Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses, the chopped apple, cranberries, salt and pepper. Place in refrigerator while getting chicken prepared.
2. Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap (or in a zip bag) and pound until they are about 1/4-inch thick.
3. With thinnest ends of the chicken breasts pointing away from you, on a piece of aluminum foil. Spread one-quarter of the stuffing evenly over each piece, leaving a border along all the sides.
4. Starting with the end closest to you, roll each breast up as tightly as possible without squeezing out filling. Wrap the chicken in foil, twisting the ends. Place on a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken and filling. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with 1 T. olive oil.
5. Spread the flour in a shallow dish or pie plate. In a second dish, whisk together the eggs and 1 T. olive oil and 1T. water. In a third dish, spread the panko crumbs.
6. One at a time, unwrap the chicken, then roll in the flour, shaking off the excess. Using 2 spoons (or a pair of tongs) roll the chicken in the egg mixture. Let the excess drip off. Move to the panko crumbs and roll the chicken (using the tongs) in the crumbs. Once the chicken is coated, use your hands to press the crumbs into the chicken. Place the chicken on a plate, while you finish coating the rest of the pieces.
7. Place the oiled baking dish in the oven and heat until very hot, about 3 minutes. Place the breaded chicken, seam side down, in the hot dish. Drizzle the tops with 1 T. olive oil. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Download pdf recipe for: Baked Stuffed Chicken Breasts