Blintzes are a classic dish made up of thin crepe-like pancakes that are folded around a filling. In this recipe, Cindy has made it simpler to prepare by baking it altogether in the oven and topping it with a wonderful cherry sauce. Great for brunch or a light dessert.
● 3 eggs
● 3/4 cup non-fat sour cream
● 1/4 cup orange juice (juice of 1 orange)
● 3 T. sugar
● 1/2 cup butter, melted
● 1 t. baking powder
● 1 cup flour
● 4 oz. cream cheese
● 1 cup small-curd cottage cheese
● 1 egg yolk
● 1 T. sugar
● 1 t. vanilla
● 3 cups sweet cherries, pitted (can be frozen or jarred in light syrup)
● 1/4 cup water
● 3 T. sugar
● 1 t. lemon juice
● 1 t. cornstarch
Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Spray an 8" x 8" or 9" x 9" baking dish with baking spray. Set aside.
1. In blender or food processor, blend eggs, sour cream, orange juice, sugar, butter, and baking powder. Add the flour and continue blending until smooth.
2. Place the cream cheese, cottage cheese, egg yolk, sugar and vanilla in a medium- size bowl and beat with hand mixer until well mixed. Set aside.
3. Pour 1/2 the batter into the prepared pan. Use a spatula to spread the batter to all the sides of the pan. Drop spoonfuls of the cream cheese filling evenly over the batter, then gently pour the remaining batter over the top. Use a spatula to press the cream cheese down into the batter, if needed.
4. Place in oven and bake until puffed in the center and golden brown, about 50 minutes. Serve warm with Cherry Sauce.
Mix all the ingredients into saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat. Stir until thickened.
Download pdf recipe for: Blintz Souffle with Cherry Sauce