Soft tacos are great to serve for either a family dinner or party. These are filled with a delicious seasoned grilled steak and topped with homemade fresh salsa. Olé!
- Recipe -
● 1-2 pounds skirt or tri-tip steak
● salt and pepper
● 1 T. olive oil
● 2 cloves garlic, minced
● 1 t. dry oregano
● juice of 1/2 lime
● corn or flour tortillas
● shredded iceburg lettuce
● diced avocado
● 1 pound tomatoes, finely diced
● 1/2 red onion, minced
● 1 clove garlic, minced
● 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
● 1/4 c. chopped cilantro
● 1⁄2 t. salt
● 1⁄2 t. sugar
● juice of 2 limes
1. Season steak with salt and pepper, then drizzle on the olive oil. Sprinkle on garlic & oregano and drizzle with lime juice. Turn meat upside-down to coat both sides. Let sit for 20-30 minutes, or cover and place in refrigerator until ready to grill.
2. While meat is marinating, make fresh salsa. Take a medium-size bowl and place a strainer on top. Place the diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, jalapeno and cilantro in the strainer. Let sit for up to 1 hour, to let some of the liquid from the tomatoes drain off.
3. When youʼre ready to serve the salsa, remove the strainer and throw away the liquid in the bottom of the bowl. Place the ingredients in the strainer in the now empty bowl. Add the salt, sugar and lime juice. Toss together.
4. Grill or BBQ the meat until cooked to your liking. (With steaks I do about 5 minutes per side for medium.) Once the meat is done, take it off the grill and let rest on a platter or board fro about 5 minutes, then slice thinly.
5. To make a soft taco, take a tortilla, lay some strips of grilled steak down the middle, top with some diced avocado, shredded lettuce and salsa.
Note: These tacos can also be made with chicken or shrimp.
Download pdf recipe for: Grilled Steak Soft Tacos