Stir fry is a wonderful Asian cooking technique and in this episode Cindy shows how you can make a dish that has both tender chicken and crisp vegetables!
- Recipe -
Stir Fry Sauce:
● 1/2 cup chicken broth
● 1/4 cup soy sauce
● 2 T. dry sherry
● 2 T. oyster sauce
● 2 t. sugar
● 2 t. cornstarch
● 1/4 t. red pepper flakes
● 1 t. peanut oil or canola oil
● 1 clove garlic, minced
● 1 T. finely grated fresh ginger
Chicken and Vegetables:
● 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
● 1 T. soy sauce
● 1 T. dry sherry
● 2 T. sesame oil
● 1 T. cornstarch
● 1 T. flour
● 2 T. peanut oil or canola oil
● 1 small head bok choy, leaves separated from stems and chopped
● 1 red bell pepper, cut into rough chop
● 2 cups broccoli florets
● 2 handfuls grated carrot
● 3 green onions, sliced
● 2 cups pea pods, fresh or frozen (if frozen, run under cold water to defrost)
● 2 handfuls fresh bean sprouts
1. For Stir Fry Sauce: In a measuring cup or bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients and set aside.
2. For the Garlic-Ginger Oil: In a small bowl, mix the oil, garlic and ginger together. Set aside.
3. For the Chicken and Vegetables: Toss the chicken with the soy sauce, dry sherry and sesame oil. Then stir in the cornstarch and flour.
4. Place large skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
5. Add 1 T. of oil and swirl around in pan. Immediately add the chicken in a single layer. Cook for 1 minute, then turn and cook for another minute. Remove chicken from the pan onto a plate and set aside.
6. Add another 1T. of oil to the pan and immediately add the bok choy stems, red bell pepper and broccoli. Using tongs or a spatula, move vegetables around and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Push the vegetables to the sides of the pan and add the garlic-ginger oil to the center. Spread the mixture out with a spatula, then immediately stir in the rest of the vegetables. Using tongs or a spatula, move the vegetables around and cook for 2 minutes.
8. Add the chicken to the pan, mixing it in with the vegetables. Stir the Stir Fry Sauce again to remix, then add to the pan, stirring everything constantly, until the sauce is thickened and the chicken and vegetables are coated. Serve immediately.
Download pdf recipe for: Stir Fry Chicken with Vegetables