This quick pasta dish has great flavor! Clams in a light cream sauce with a splash of wine, garlic and lots of fresh herbs.
- Recipe -
● 2 T. olive oil
● 2 T. butter
● 4 scallions, sliced
● 2 cloves garlic, minced
● 6 T. flour
● 1/2 cup dry white wine
● 2 cups milk
● 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
● 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
● 4 cans chopped clams, with juice
● salt & pepper, to taste
● 1 lb. linguine, cooked
● Parmesan cheese
1. In large saute pan, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. When butter is melted, add scallions and garlic. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
2. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Then slowly add the wine. Turn heat down to medium-low and slowly add in the milk, stirring constantly.
3. Stir in parsley and basil, then add clams (with their juice), one tin at a time. Stir well after each addition. After all the clams are in the sauce, turn the heat up to medium and cook at a low simmer for 5-7 minutes, until sauce is nicely thickened.
4. Taste for salt and pepper, then serve over cooked linguine pasta and top with Parmesan cheese.
Download pdf recipe for: Linguine with Clam Sauce