This cooking method is fast and makes for a delicious and moist roast beef!
- Recipe -
● 3-4 pounds beef Roast (ball-tip, tri-tip)
● olive oil
● kosher salt
● black pepper
1. Make sure you take the meat out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before you start cooking.
2. Preheat oven to 425 ̊ F. Preheat a large saute pan on the stove over medium-high heat.
3. Using paper towel, dab any moisture off of the meat, as it will interfere with the browning. Drizzle both sides of the meat with olive oil, rubbing it in well. Season meat generously with salt and pepper.
4. Place meat in pan to let it sear. Don't move the meat for 1-2 minutes. Once it has nicely browned on one side, turn it over to the second side and let it sear for another 1-2 minutes.
5. Place the pan & the meat, into the preheated oven. Bake for 15 minutes. Using an instant-read thermometer, take the internal temperature of the meat. Depending on how you like your meat cooked:
130-135 ̊ F. - medium rare
140-145 ̊ F. - medium
150 ̊F. - well done
6. If the temperature is not high enough, place pan back in the oven for another 5 minutes. Check temperature again.
7. Once the meat has reached the correct temperature, remove from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes. (The temperature will continue to rise about 10 more degrees.) Place an oven mitt on the handle of the pan!
8. Slice the meat and serve.
Download pdf recipe for: Bistro-Style Roast Beef