Italian Panettone bread makes an amazing French Toast. Have that with some Oven Baked Bacon and you'll have a holiday breakfast that will leave everyone Ho-Ho-Ho-ing!
- Recipe -
● 4-6 thick slices Panettone or Sourdough bread
● 4 eggs
● 1/2 cup milk
● 1 T. sugar
● 1/2 t. vanilla
● 1/4 t. cinnamon
● Zest of 1 orange
● juice of 1 orange
● partial stick of butter
● powdered sugar
● maple syrup
Oven Baked Bacon:
● thick sliced bacon
1. Make custard by mixing together the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, zest and juice. Pour into a large, flat dish.
2. Take slices of bread and coat both sides with the custard. Let the bread soak for 5 minutes.
3. Heat griddle or large pan on medium heat. When hot, take the butter and melt a bit of it onto the pan, making sure it's about the same size & shape of your bread. Place a piece of bread on top of the butter. Repeat for each piece of bread. Cook until underside is well-browned, then use a spatula to lift the bread up, melt a bit more butter underneath & turn the bread upside down to cook the other side.
4. When French Toast is browned on both sides, remove from pan and place on a plate. Place is warm oven until ready to serve. Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar and warm maple syrup.
Oven Baked Bacon:
Preheat oven to 400˚F.
1. Place slices of bacon on rimmed baking sheet. Bake in oven for 6 minutes, then use tongs to turn bacon over.
2. Cook for another 6 minutes, then flip again.
3. Cook for about 2 more minutes, or until bacon is cooked to your preference.
4. Take a piece of foil and some paper towels and create a "blotter" for the bacon. Place a few slices of bacon on the paper towel, place some more paper towel on top and continue so that bacon is sandwiched by paper towel.
5. Then wrap the whole thing up in foil and place is warm oven until ready to serve.
Download pdf recipe for: Holiday French Toast