An easy, but classic dish, this piccata is loaded with lemon and capers!
- Recipe -
● 2 large lemons
● 1 shallot, minced
● 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts ﬁllets
● 1/2 cup ﬂour
● salt & pepper
● 2 T. olive oil
● 1 cup dry white wine
● 1/4 cup capers, drained
● 2 T. butter
1. Put heatproof plate in oven to warm, about 200˚F.
2. Halve lemons end to end. Juice 1-1/2 lemons (to make about 1/4 cup juice) and thinly slice the last half. Set aside.
3. Heat large saute pan with 1-2 T. of olive oil, over medium high heat.
4. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the ﬂour into a plate or dish, and add a bit of salt & pepper. Using tongs, dip each piece of chicken into the ﬂour, making sure to shake of the excess.
5. Place 3-4 chicken ﬁllets in pan (don't crowd them!). Cook until lightly browned on one side, about 2 minutes. Then turn over and cook another 2 minutes. Then place cooked chicken ﬁllets onto the plate warming in the oven. Add another 1-2 T. of olive oil into the pan, turn the heat down to medium and cook the rest of the chicken, placing them onto the warming plate in the oven when done. Move pan off the heat.
6. Add the shallot and wine to the pan and place back over medium heat. Stir to get the browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Add the slices of lemon, lemon juice and capers. Then add the butter, using a wooden spoon to swirl it around in the pan and thicken the sauce. Once the butter is melted, let the sauce cook for 4-5 minutes.
7. Return the chicken ﬁllets to the pan, coating each one with sauce.serve, remove the chicken and spoon the sauce over the top.
Download pdf recipe for: Chicken Piccata