This recipe is great for a small dinner party or family dinner. The chicken is roasted along with the vegetables, some mushrooms, bacon and white wine!
- Recipe -
● 10-12 oz. thick-sliced bacon, chopped
● 2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
● 2 cloves garlic
● 6 lb. whole chicken
● 1-1/2 lbs. red potatoes, cut in 4ths
● 1 lb. carrots, peeled & thickly sliced
● 1-2 onions, quartered
● 2 c. dry white wine
● 1 c. chicken broth
● salt and pepper
● 1 T. cornstarch
● 2 T. cold water or broth
1. Rinse and pat dry chicken. Let sit out 30 minutes before you begin preparing the rest of the ingredients.
2. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Put baking rack on lowest position.
3. Cook bacon over med-high heat until browned, but not crisp. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly browned. Set pan aside.
4. Place chicken, potatoes, carrot and onions in large roasting pan. Add mushroom mixture, wine, broth and season with salt and pepper.
5. Bake 1-1/2 hours, basting about every 30 minutes.
6. Remove chicken and veggies; cover and keep warm.
7. Pour drippings from pan into measuring cup. Siphon off fat with basting bulb. Return the de-fatted drippings to the roasting pan.
8. Make slurry of water and cornstarch and add to drippings. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, on 2 of your stove's burners. Stir constantly until gravy thickens.
Download pdf recipe for: French Country Chicken