A delicious & hearty pasta dish. A must for bacon, tomato & basil lovers!
- Recipe -
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 8-10 oz. thick sliced bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 c. Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c. Romano cheese
- 3 clovesgarlic, minced
- 1/2 lb. spaghetti
- salt and pepper
- handful of basil leaves, cut into chiffonade
- 1-2 diced tomatoes
1. Put large heatproof bowl in oven and heat oven to 200 degrees. Bring water to rolling boil in large pot, for pasta. When water comes to boil, add pasta and salt; stir to separate pasta. Cook about 10 minutes, then drain.
2. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp, about 8 minutes. Drain off all but 1-2 T. of fat out of pan. Add wine and simmer until slightly reduced, 4 to 5 minutes.
3. In small bowl, combine eggs, cheeses, and garlic together with fork; set aside.
4. Put drained pasta into the warm serving bowl. Immediately pour the egg & cheese mixture over hot pasta and sprinkle with some salt & pepper. Toss well with tongs. Pour bacon mixture over pasta and toss.
Downlaod recipe for: Spaghetti Carbonara