This dish has some of the wonderful flavors of Mexico and can be served as either a main course for Dinner or Brunch!
- Recipe -
● 10-12 corn tortillas
● 2 (4oz) cans mild diced green chiles
● 1 large can sliced black olives
● 8 oz. Jack cheese, shredded
● 4 eggs
● 2 cups buttermilk
● salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Spray a 2-1/2 qt. casserole or 9 x13" pan with baking spray.
2. Tear half of the tortillas into bite-sized pieces and place them evenly in the baking dish.
3. On top of the tortillas, layer 1/2 of the chiles, 1/2 the olives and 1/2 the cheese. Repeat with a 2nd layer. Set baking dish aside.
4. In small bowl, mix together the eggs, buttermilk, salt and pepper.
5. Slowly pour the egg mixture over the top of the ingredients in the baking dish.
6. Bake uncovered for 35 minutes. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Garnish with cilantro leaves & fresh salsa. You can also have some sour cream and guacamole available, too!
Note: Additional ingredients that can be added into the tortilla layers;
- sliced green onions
- cheddar cheese or pepper jack cheese
- diced cooked chicken