Shrimp Scampi is so rich and wonderful...But here's a lighter version that's loaded with veggies.
- Recipe -
● 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
● 3 tbsp. olive oil
● 3 tbsp. dry white wine
● Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
● 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
● 4 cloves minced garlic
● 3 tbsp. minced fresh parsley leaves
● 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper ﬂakes
● 1 lemon, zested
● Juice of 1/2 lemon
● 1 egg yolk
● 2/3 cup panko (Japanese dried bread ﬂakes)
● crusty french bread, for serving
● 1 red bell peppper, sliced in strips
● 1 squash, cut in 1/2 circles
● 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
● 2 pkgs. sliced mushrooms
● 2 handfuls shredded carrot
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
1. Place the shrimp in a mixing bowl and toss gently with the olive oil, wine, salt and
pepper. Allow to sit at room temperature while you make the butter and garlic mixture.
2. In a small bowl, mash the softened butter with the garlic, parsley, red pepper ﬂakes,
lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolk & panko, until combined. Set aside.
3. Prepare veggies and place in large baking dish (9x13).
4. Place shrimp and marinade over the vegetables. Crumble the butter mixture evenly
over the shrimp. Bake for 20-25 minutes until shrimp are pink & topping is browned.
Serve with crusty bread.