Here's al you need to know to make a great Cheese Fondue.
- Recipe -
● 1 -1/2 cup dry white wine ( I use a Sauvignon Blanc)
● 4 cups (1 lb) cheddar cheese
● 1/2 t. baking soda
● 2 T. ﬂour
● Dash of garlic salt
1. Pour wine into fondue pot. Heat on SIMMER until wine starts to bubble, about 4-5 minutes. Do not boil the wine.
2. In bowl, toss cheese with baking soda and ﬂour.
3. Add cheese mixture , 1/2 cup at a time, to hot wine. Stir in ﬁgure 8 motion until melted and blended.
4. Add garlic salt and stir. Heat 5 minutes to develop ﬂavors.
- chunks of baguette bread
- red bell peppers
- sliced apples
- blanched broccoli - Microwave small pieces in a bit of water for 4 minutes.
- blanched brussels sprouts - look for the sprouts in a microwave bag. (I ﬁnd mine at Trader Joeʼs.)
- whole mushrooms
- roasted potatoes
- Cut small red potatoes in 4ths or 8ths, depending on the size of the potato. Place them on a rimmed cookie sheet and toss with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast at 400 degrees for 35-45 minutes. While they are cooking, every 10 minutes or so, take a spatula and ﬂip them around on the cookie sheet. Theyʼre done when they are nice and brown!