These mile-high popovers are spectacular and can be served at breakfast, lunch or dinner! (Great with butter & jam, too!)
- Recipe -
● 2 eggs
● 3/4 cup milk
● 1/4 cup water
● 1 cup (minus 2 T.) flour, (save the extra flour to dust the pans)
● 1/2 t. kosher salt
● 1 T. butter, melted
Preheat oven to 450 ̊F.
1. Combine the eggs, milk & water in a large measuring cup. Add the melted flour & salt. Whisk together until mostly smooth.
2. Butter popover wells with melted butter, then dust with flour.
3. Fill cups half-full with batter. Bake for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 325 ̊F and bake 15 minutes longer. Don't open the oven!
4. Remove the pan from the oven and let the popovers cool for about 5 minutes, then remove them from the pan. If needed, run a knife around the sides to help the popover release.
Makes 6 BIG popovers!
Download pdf recipe for: Popovers