This bread has all the great taste of regular English Muffins, but it can be made in about 1 hour. Perfect for breakfast!
● 2-1/4 cup bread flour
● 1-1/4 t. active dry yeast
● 1 T. sugar
● 1/2 t. salt
● 1/8 t. baking soda
● 1/2 cup water
● 1/2 cup milk
● canola oil
● 2-3 T. cornmeal
1. Combine the flour, yeast, sugar, salt and baking soda in a mixer bowl. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, heat milk & water to 120˚F. Add to flour mixture. Beat in mixer, using paddle, for 5 minutes.
3. Lightly grease loaf pan with canola oil, then coat with cornmeal. Place dough in pan. Cover with clean towel and place in microwave "proofing box" until batter doubles in size, about 30 minutes. (To make a proofing box, heat 1 cup water for 1 minute in the microwave. Set the cup of water to the back of the microwave and place bread inside. Close door.)
4. Preheat oven to 400˚F. and bake bread for 25 minutes. Immediately remove bread from pan and set on cooling rack.
Download pdf recipe for: English Muffin Bread